Thursday, May 7, 2009

MARU SUSHI


I went to a Sushi House this evening to have some well deserved Sushi. (The best food ever!) I've eaten Sushi at many places around Austin, but none compare to Maru Sushi!

I was a little hesitant ordering from there because they're a little more expensive than other sushi houses. But this six piece "Samurai Roll" was plenty for even ME to eat.

The Samurai Roll has smoked salmon, crab, avocado, and sweet potato in it. Sensational! The texture was VERY fresh. The serving sauce complimented the filling by not overpowering it. The sauce was somewhat neutral, and the ginger slices added zing to the delicious roll itself. Wasabi? Sorry folks, even this Jalapeno loving guy won't eat that stuff. (Bad experience)

Aside from the $12.00 price for this one roll, it was completely filling, and extremely satisfying. If you're ever in Austin, or live here already Maru Sushi is well worth the money. (They let you bring in your own wine!)

MENU & MAP

1 comment:

  1. Not a fan of sushi, but that looks VERY cool, and that's awesome that they let you bring your own wine. Sounds like a place Rick and I should try out sometime.. he likes sushi (and wasabi!), I'm sure I'll find something I'd like on the menu :)

    ReplyDelete